Edison Cheerleading 2022 Tryout Information DO NOT MAKE VACATION PLANS AFTER AUGUST 1, 2022
● After May 1, 2022 - Registration
● August 1–August 2- Clinics/Tryouts in the small gym 12:30 to 3:30
● August 3 - Formal Tryouts noon am until ?
○ You will be evaluated each day at tryouts so you must attend all sessions
○ Wear a tee shirt, shorts, tennis shoes, hair up and make sure they are school colors. No jewelry or long
nails. Nails must be short.
○ Do not get piercings prior to tryouts. You may not wear jewelry! No exceptions!
○ Everything you need to know will be taught to you except for gymnastic skills.
● DO NOT PLAN VACATIONS AFTER AUGUST 1! We will be having practice/choreography/camp up until school
starts. all practices and camps are mandatory.
You must have all items completed or you will not be permitted to tryout
• VHSL Physical dated after May 1, 2022- must be on the current VHSL physical form. This form is different from
the physical for school. The Edison High School Athletic Training Department will be offering sports physicals at
Edison High School on May 25. See the athletic website for more information. This physical will be good for all
sports and out of season practices for the 2021-2022 school year.
• INSURANCE- If you do not have insurance it can be purchased through the school • Emergency Care Card
• Concussion Education Module
More information about the documents needed at www.edisonsports.org
CHEERLEADING SEASON= HUGE TIME COMMITMENT!!! ● Freshman and JV: up to 3 practices a week and Thursday games, JV cheerleaders may compete and will support
the Varsity squad at district competition.
Varsity: 5 practices a week (Monday through Thursday 3:15-6:00, Friday prior to game and/or Saturday morning
8- 11), Friday games, one practice a week may be held at an area cheer gym for tumbling lessons at an additional
fee to the cheerleader and competing in VHSL sanctioned competitions
REQUIREMENTS: All material will be taught to you at the clinics. Just bring a good attitude!!! Returning cheerleaders are
expected to improve from year to year. Coaches can tell who has been working on their skills and has not been
JV (Grade 9-11)
● Near Level Jumps
● Good spirit, facials, motions, dance
● Solid voice
● Beginner level stunting (thigh stand, mid-extension) to Intermediate Level Stunting (mid-extension to extension, pop cradle)
● Basic Tumbling Skills (basic rolls, handstands, cartwheel, round-off) to Intermediate tumbling skills (front/back walkover
VARSITY (Grades 9-12)
• Level to Extended Jumps (front hurdler, double toe, pike)
• Strong, Tight Motions
• Solid voice/Great Facials
• Strong Dance
• Advanced Level Stunts (extension, extension with full down , lib, lib variations with full down)
• Standing Back Handspring. NOT REQUIRED BUT EXPECTED!!! Other tumbling can include: standing series bhs, round-off bhs, standing tuck, etc.
• Don’t expect to make varsity just because you have a back handspring. You must have all of the above skills as well.
WHEN YOU TRYOUT FOR VARSITY YOU ARE TRYING OUT FOR A PARTICULAR POSITION (BASE, BACKSPOT, FLYER) THERE ARE A
LIMITED NUMBER OF POSITIONS!
Cheerleading is physically demanding in order to avoid injury you should be doing some sort of workout every day! There are cheer specific workouts all over the internet! Find one and start getting ready for tryouts!
Because of the nature of the activities performed in cheerleading some cost is associated with the program. Special uniform items need to be purchased by the cheerleaders. A list of the exact costs will be made available at tryouts. PAYMENT WILL BE EXPECTED IMMEDIATELY.THERE WILL BE NO PAYMENT PLANS AND THERE IS NO DISCOUNT FOR FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH. PLAN ACCORDINGLY! We try to keep the styles the same from year to year for most items so they can be used for more than one season. Former cheerleaders often donate items that can be used if you are not able to afford everything.
T-shirt male/female 15.00-18.00 each – up to 3 shirts
Red bow 8.00
Navy bow 8.00
Competition bow 10.00
Red Gloves 8.00
Briefs Navy 10.00
Briefs Red 10.00
EHS Backpack with name(optional) 25.00
Soffe Warm Up Jacket with name 35.00
Soffe Warm Up pants 25.00
Competition bow (Varsity only) 10.00
Midriff Crop top (JV) 15.00
Shoes male/female (your choice of white cheer shoes) 45.00 +
Soffe practice shorts (purchase at local sports store) 10.00 each
Winter Outer warm up jacket (water resistant) 60.00
Camp and Choreography up to 200.00
You should be taking tumbling lessons on a regular basis especially if you hope to be on varsity including returning cheerleaders. Do not expect to be able to learn a handspring over the summer.
In order to participate in green days, you must have a current VHSL physical on file and bring a copy of an emergency care cards for the coaches.
Complete our interest form:
Make sure to sign up and visit our schoology group (X6W4-PDTK-CDQCH)regularly for updates and information related to green days, summer clinics/camps, tryouts, schedules, and the season. If you have any questions, feel free to email Coach Craft at .