- You must first submit VHSL physical, take concussion education and send a copy of your vaccination card to Mr. Milosavich firstname.lastname@example.org and he confirms before you are allowed on the tennis court.
- Currently we have more than 30 players signed up for tennis and just 3 tennis courts for everyone to share.
- We will manage practice court time by designating 2 courts for those who will play in the top 12 positions. The 3d court plus two portable nets set up in the adjacent basketball court area will be our developmental courts.
Tryouts are 21-25 February:
- You must attend every day of tryouts to be added to the team roster; only Coach Bechtold can approve exceptions.
- Every player will have a tennis skills assessment and then provided with a developmental plan.
- For competition, we will start out where we left the line up from last year with the top 12 players.
- Challenge matches will determine who plays the top 6 singles and 3 doubles team positions for 2022 tennis season.
- Tennis practice will every day from 3:30-5pm beginning 21 February and run through 14 May. FCPS School Holidays will be observed and any other exceptions will be approved through Coach Bechtold.
- All players must promptly arrive at practice dressed for the weather, appropriate tennis equipment including tennis shoes (not running shoes) and at least 32 oz of water or sports drink to keep hydrated through the duration of practice session.
- 10 game pro set; regular scoring (play advantage); 12-point tie breaker (first to 7) at 10 - 10 game score tie.
- Start time for match play: on the court by 3:30pm begin match play at 4pm.
- Web store will be put up on 21 Feb; order 22-27 Feb; store closes midnight 27 Feb. You can order a free t-shirt and that will be paid for with team funds. Anything else you purchase from store will be bagged (including your free t-shirt) and Coach Bechtold will pick up orders by 15 March and distribute to team at practice (individual bags)